Epilepsy Awareness and Learning Disabilities
The aim of the session is to provide participants with an awareness of Epilepsy and Learning Disabilities in adults, its incidence, first aid and management.
On completion of the course, attendees will:-
- Have a knowledge of the Definition of Epilepsy
- Have a knowledge of Epilepsy and learning disability
- Know about Investigations into epilepsy
- Be able to recognise Seizure triggers and precipitants
- Understand the Classification and management of seizures with supportive video footage
- Recognise what is meant by Status Epilepticus
- Know about how to administer First Aid
- Understand the importance of Observing and recording
- Have a knowledge of Epilepsy and mortality
This courses is free of charge. However, there will be a £30 charge for any delegates who book but fail to attend the course. Book via Train Trafford website. Please register your organisation then book places for each delegate. An invoice will be sent after the course has taken place. Any delegates who book but fail to attend the course, or do not provide 7 days' notice when cancelling a place, will still be charged. CAR PARKING and Travel: Please view the following information and share with any delegates booked onto the course: http://www.traintrafford.co.uk/Article/39881
The session is aimed at those staff who support adults with a learning disability and epilepsy. Not suitable for staff who work with children.