The training is aimed at schools and academies that have an outstanding grade from their last Ofsted inspection and for those who aspire to be outstanding at their next inspection.
The over-riding aim is to ensure that delegates are aware of the subtle, but important, changes in emphasis within inspections that have occurred over the past three years.
Although there have not been many explicit changes to the framework, the way it is interpreted and the shift away from data being over-dominant has meant that school leaders have to re-evaluate the effectiveness of their schools.
The day will focus on the following issues:
The day will be organised into three sessions of approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
- The impact that the new Chief inspector, Amanda Spielman is having on inspections;
- The greater emphasis being placed on research as a central feature of innovation and change;
- The heightened focus on learning, rather than teaching with, amongst others, huge expectations about pupil to pupil questioning;
- The well-being of both pupils and staff, considering workload reductions as well as resilience;
- The broader curriculum – especially writing across the curriculum and designing a curriculum ‘fit for purpose’;
- Assessing the broader curriculum, without creating greater workload implications for staff;
- The science curriculum;
- Marking and feedback - focusing on what works and how initiatives such as ‘no more marking’ are moving the goalposts;
- The focus on school leaders in ‘leaders of the curriculum’ and spending more time influencing teaching and learning;
- The expectations of governors to be more pro-active in challenging school leaders;
- Your school’s ability to support and challenge other schools and colleagues.
The conference is intended to reassure, but also challenge school leaders.
The presentation will be available electronically. It is envisaged that leaders will wish to use parts of the presentation back in school when working with their leadership team or indeed form the basis of whole school staff meetings.
Conference to be held at The Fuse, Partington Delegate charge £150.00 includes unlimited refreshments and buffet lunch
Primary Headteachers/Principals, Senior Leadership Team and Governing Board Chairs